This oil and acrylic instructed workshop is taught by realist artist Inez Hudson. The workshop takes place in stunning Ravello, Italy, a small village perched high above the Mediterranean sea along Italy's breathtaking Amalfi Coast. Instructed painting takes place in the mornings. In the afternoons, you are on your own to explore Ravello and the surrounding area (easy access by ferry to many spots on the Amalfi Coast!). Includes accommodation, breakfast, four nights dinner, one lunch, transport to and from the Naples airport, bag transport (bus to hotel in this traffic-free village), and a visit to Pompeii! A basic supply kit is included (solvents, paper towels, etc.). Easels, paints and canvas are not included, but can be arranged for those who do not want to bring their own.
$2899 per person double occupancy; $3399 private room
ITINERARY (Sept 21 - 28, 2017)
- Day One: Fly into Naples Airport where you will be transported by bus to the hilltop village of Ravello. Your bag will be carried from the bus to the hotel (located within the pedestrian-only village).
- Day Two: After breakfast, we take a short walk to the famous Villa Cimbrone for a morning of instructed painting in the gardens (stunning views of the sea). The rest of the day is on your own. Enjoy wandering through this picturesque village with its artistic shops, cafes, and gardens. Many great restaurants are available for dinner!
- Day Three: After breakfast, we head back to the Villa Cimbrone for another morning of instructed painting. The gardens and architecture here are simply too much to capture in one day! We gather for dinner as a group this evening.
- Day Four: Today after breakfast we walk to the village square for another morning of instructed painting. The rest of the day is on your own! (Note: Easy transportation down the hill to the seaport where you can pick up a ferry to Positano, Capri, Sorrento, or many other destinations along the Amalfi Coast.)
- Day Five: Break Day! After breakfast, we will venture out to tour Pompeii and the surrounding area. Group lunch included. Dinner on your own in the village.
- Day Six: After breakfast, instructed painting at a lovely viewpoint. Afternoon on your own. Dinner as a group.
- Day Seven: After breakfast, instructed painting in the village. Afternoon on your own. (Note: There are many stunning hiking trails in the surrounding mountains and villages!) Farewell Dinner tonight!
- Day Eight: After breakfast, your bag will be carried out of the village to the bus and you will be taken directly to the Naples Airport.
Our accommodation is a charming, comfortable, hotel with stunning views, and centrally located inside the pedestrian village. See photos here.
PRICE AND REGISTRATION:
- $2899 double occupancy; $3399 private room
- Requires a $500 deposit to reserve your space
- Balance Due July 28, 2017
- Register By Date July 27th, 2017
- Cancel By Date July 27, 2017
- Please read our Terms and Conditions prior to registration.