This is a 7 night intensive workshop taught by Joe Gyurcsak. Joe has studied the Spanish impressionist Joaquin Sorolla y Bastida for many years, presenting his findings across America in presentations for prestigious art organizations such as the Oil Painters of America, FASO, and Society of American Impressionist Painters. Joe's own work has been heavily influenced by Sorolla and he is quite excited about setting up in some of the great artist's favorite painting spots in Valencia to teach students Sorolla's techniques. The trip begins in Madrid with a trip to the Sorolla museum, followed by 5 days painting in Valencia, where Sorolla executed his most famous works. Live models in costume will be featured on three days in order to set the mood and capture Sorolla's world! Price includes 5 days painting instruction under Joe Gyurcsak, 7 nights accommodation, transfer from Madrid airport on arrival day, tickets to the Sorolla museum, round trip train tickets to Valencia, daily transport to painting sites, breakfast, and a main meal on 5 days. Flights are not included. This workshop is for oil, watercolor and acrylic artists. Some painting experience is recommended.
Itinerary (May 19 - 26, 2018)
- Day One: Fly into Madrid airport where you will be transported by shuttle to our hotel near the Sorolla Museum. Welcome Dinner!
- Day Two: Morning visit to the Sorolla museum (housed in the artist's former home) to see some of the artist's most famous paintings and learn from instructor Joe Gyurcsak about the techniques used to achieve these beautiful depictions of the life and people along the Spanish coastline. Lunch as a group. In the afternoon/early evening, we paint in the gardens of Sorolla's former home.
- Day Three: Travel to Valencia and take an afternoon walk to see some of Sorolla's favorite haunts.
- Days Four - Seven: After a quick breakfast at the hotel, we jump in the van and head for one of our selected painting sites around Valencia, where Sorolla completed some of his most famous works. We paint until noon each day and then break for lunch and a siesta. Live models in costume included on three days!
- Day Eight: Following breakfast, transfer to train station for your trip back to Madrid.
Our first night in Madrid will be spent at the Melia Galgos hotel, a 4 star property located very close to the Sorolla Museum. Following 6 nights in Valencia at a 4 star hotel (photos coming soon).
PRICE AND REGISTRATION:
- $2999 per person double occupancy (limited private rooms may be available; contact us)
- Requires a $500 USD deposit to book
- Balance Due By: March 15th, 2018
- Register By Date: Final date to register is March 14th, 2018
- Cancel By Date: Final date to cancel your registration is March 16th, 2018
- Please read our Terms and Conditions prior to registration.