In this 7 night workshop, you will stay just steps from the square where Vincent lived with Paul Gauguin. You will paint the same scenes in the exact locations. Instructor Stewart Burgess White will lead you through original texts and memoirs as you follow Vincent and Gauguin's wild ride, and try to capture their passion on canvas. Beginners welcome! This trip is about inspiring passion, feeding creativity, and finding inspiration!
ITINERARY (Sept 24 - Oct 1, 2018)
- Day One: Arrive in Arles by train and make your way a very short distance to our hotel in the historic district of Arles. Welcome Dinner!
- Day Two: Paint at Alyscamps, the Roman Necropolis where Van Gogh and Gauguin painted the same scene side by side.
- Day Three: Travel to Montmajour Abbey, just outside of town. Van Gogh and Gauguin walked this road on many occasions, selecting painting sites at random. This Abbey is the scene of Vinent's painting, Sunset at Montmajour.
- Day Four: Night painting session in the evening on the square where Van Gogh's painted the "Cafe Terrace".
- Day Five: Free day; a trip to St Remy to see the Asylum where Van Gogh painted many beautiful works is highly recommended!
- Day Six: Paint the garden of the original hospital Van Gogh stayed in after cutting off his ear.
- Day Seven: Paint in Van Gogh's beloved Jardin d'Ete.
- Day Eight: Departure Day.
You will stay inside the historic district of Arles in a charming 4 star hotel that is highly rated. Photos coming soon!
PRICE AND REGISTRATION:
Includes accommodation, breakfast and instruction. Basic supplies are provided. Paint and canvas package can also be provided for an extra fee.
- $1799 per person double occupancy; $2299 private room
- Couples with non-painting partner: $2599 (shared room)
- Requires a $500 USD deposit to book
- Balance Due By: June 23, 2018
- Register By Date: Final date to register is June 22nd, 2018
- Cancel By Date: Final date to cancel your registration is June 23, 2018
- Please read our Terms and Conditions prior to registration.